- 190+ countries where our brands are available
- 3.4 billion people use our products every day
- € 60.1 billion turnover in 2022 with 59% in emerging markets
- 400+ brands
- 14 brands had turnover of more than €1 billion in 2022
- 14 brands in the top 50 most chosen FMCG brands globally
- € 7.8 billion spent on Brand and Marketing Investment
- 127,000 employees worldwide
- No1 FMCG employer of choice for graduates and early career talent in 16 out of our 20 biggest markets
- 54/46 gender balance management (female/male)
- 21 % of our packaging was made of recycled plastic
- 48 % of our portfolio offered positive nutrition
- 667 million people reached through brand purpose health and wellbeing programmes
- € 818m spent with diverse businesses owned by under-represented groups
- € 908 million spent on Research and Development
- € 1.7 billion incremental turnover from innovations
- 280 factories operated by Unilever
- 68 % reduction in GHG emissions from energy and refrigerant use in our operations since 2015
- 25 million customer orders processed annually
Our brands operate in five Business Groups, each with a clear vision laddering up to our purpose.
Creating a stable of the world’s most purposeful brands, proving that sustainable business drives better performance, and being a beacon for diversity and inclusion – these are the things we want Unilever to be famous for.Alan Jope, Unilever CEO
Awards and recognition - leading in Sustainable Business
We’re proud to have been recognised by many respected organisations for our work.
GlobeScan Sustainability Leaders Survey
The GlobeScan Sustainability Leaders Survey is the largest and longest-running survey of its kind, tracking expert opinion on sustainability leadership across the world. 2022 was the 12th consecutive year we have been ranked by experts as the number one corporate sustainability leader.
Gartner Supply Chain Top 25
In the 2023 edition of the Gartner Supply Chain Top 25, we held our position in the exclusive ‘Masters’ category for the fifth year running. This recognises companies that have attained top-five composite scores for at least seven out of the last ten years.
The rankings are derived from financial and corporate social responsibility metrics as well as community opinion.
S&P Corporate Sustainability Assessment
In the S&P Corporate Sustainability Assessment 2022 (previously known as the S&P Dow Jones Sustainability Index), we were awarded Global Gold Glass for our performance across an extensive range of environmental, social and governance criteria.
WARC Rankings 2023
The WARC rankings celebrate excellence in media, creativity and effectiveness. In 2023, Unilever was recognised across all three:
We have made five key strategic choices to drive our business growth and to make a positive difference to our world.
Our interconnected business model powers our business and creates sustained value for all of our stakeholders.